Tuesday 26 August 2008

DAMAGED

The joys of shipping large paintings

Well I finally got my paintings after they had been in shipping for two months. I've just unpacked them and they all are damaged in some way or another. They seem to have been shipped by a group of elephants.

I wouldn't mind but the select few paintings I had salvaged and had paid a ridiculous amount of money to be shipped overseas are going to end up in the skip just like the 90% of my work from the last three years, which I could have done without paying someone to destroy them anyway.

The worst off is Watchtower I (Double Cross), which sadly, was one of my favorites. There is a massive hole kicked through the middle. I'd post a photo but I'm too broken.

That brings me down to having two paintings left- Outpost II (Lighthouse) and Outpost IV (Bridge), which luckily will be exhibited at the Lloyd Gill gallery in Weston Super Mare on the 6th of September. If they don't get damaged in transit. See you there...

No comments: