Wednesday 27 June 2018

RYAN ADAMS 1989

Just got back from a fantastic week in Nantes and I'll have to do a proper write up of it for the blog soon. For now, I've dug out a short paragraph review I put on Facebook on January 2nd, 2016. This was one of the albums I had on rotation in France last week, and seeing as I wrote this original review while on a plane back to Wales in an equally reflective frame of mind, I thought it belonged here too.




[Album of 2015 for me has got to be Ryan Adams 1989. Re-recording the Taylor Swift album in its entirety was a great idea and came completely out of nowhere. I was dismissive at first but in reality it's just a wonderful record. Adams takes the upbeat radio-friendly girl pop to a dark and introverted place, with hints at Springsteen's sparse Nebraska album and Let Me Up era Tom Petty. At the end of the day the songs speak for themselves.]

Stay tuned for a Nantes post.

No comments: