Friday 15 August 2014

DayZ en plein air NEW WORK

I have just completed a new batch of en plein air paintings from DayZ.

The pieces have been added to my website where you can view the whole series, but for now here are a few pieces:




I like that a number of scenes from DayZ bring up recurring themes in my own work- watchtowers, checkpoints, petrol stations, water, abandoned buildings. I think I might retire this project for now, seven pieces makes for an interesting body of work.

Also- here is a super work in progress panorama, where you can see a little of the processes involved. With a project like DayZ en plein air I think it is important to understand the physical nature of painting like this.



In addition, a link to my older post on earlier DayZ en plein air work and subsequent exhibition.


No comments: